Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Update - Wednesday, Feb. 22

Greetings all!

It's been several days since I added anything to this blog.  I didn't write the bulletin article for Western Hills this week, so there wasn't anything there to post.  Still, this doesn't mean there haven't been developments!

We are quickly approaching our Trivia Night on Saturday, March 10.  It is my hope that we can raise $1,000 toward the expenses of my trip to Ukraine in April.  It's played in teams of six, so nobody is put on the spot.  $12 per person includes dinner, prizes, and babysitting if you need it!  If anybody has questions about Trivia Night, please let me know.

We talked this week with Vania and Hristo in Sofia by Skype, as usual.  We're excited that there's a good possibility that Vania will be able to come to Nashville for most of the month of August!  This would be a great help to our Bulgarian language learning, and it would be a lot of fun to boot.  Hristo also let me know that I will be preaching for the congregation on May 6.  That's a little intimidating, as I haven't had a lot of practice preaching in English, let alone Bulgarian!  Still, I have ample time to prepare, and the opportunity is an exciting blessing.

I have started to call around to congregations that might support us, but so far the news is not good.  Most congregations are being hit hard by this poor economy, and are having to cut back on their existing programs.  I pray, and I ask you to please pray, that this economy improves and that Christians will be as generous and even more generous than before in supporting missions around the world.  We want very much to make our move in September, but if we don't have the support we need, we will simply have to delay.  I have faith that God will move to smooth our path if he wills it!  No economic force in the world can match the power of almighty God!

Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment