Friday, November 2, 2012

Nov. 1, 2012

I was blessed to be able to talk with Vania for about 20 minutes this morning. She and Hristo are well, and more importantly their daughter Natalia in New York was relatively unaffected by Hurricane Sandy, though she did experience some high winds.

Hristo continues to heal from his eye surgery, and prepare for surgery this month on the other eye. In addition, Vania told me that she will need the same type of surgery herself soon. As a result, she has decided it is not for the best for her to come to Nashville in January as we had all planned.

Instead, we are going to see about me traveling to Sofia again in January for a couple of weeks. The church in Sofia has been very blessed by the Northside Church of Christ in Spokane, WA, and will be able soon to rent a facility full-time in which to meet, hold classes, teach Sunday School to kids, etc. I'll be helping out in any way I can to set up that facility (paint, organize, etc.). This will necessitate me raising a bit more money, and I hope that some of you will be able to help with that. We had raised $300 for Vania to come, and I hope to apply that amount to my ticket (with the approval of that money's donor).

As always, we need your prayers. Vania expressed again how much we are needed on the ground in Sofia; there is so much Kingdom work to be done! May God bless us richly to His service.

No comments:

Post a Comment