Thursday, March 8, 2012

Super Tuesday


This week, like many others of you, I took the opportunity to vote in the Republican Primary for Super Tuesday.  I am something of a political junkie; I watch a lot of Fox News (and sometimes even CNN!), I listen to speeches, I stay as informed as I can.  At times, it's easy to get caught up, and sometimes even angry or distressed, about events in the political realm.

The great Restoration Movement figure David Lipscomb had a very different take.  Lipscomb felt that any involvement in politics, even voting, took a Christian's focus away from where it is supposed to be – that is, on Jesus Christ our King.  God is Sovereign, Lipscomb felt, and anything that took honor and attention from Him was inappropriate for Christians.

I disagree with Lipscomb, but his root point is hugely important.  We must all understand that if "our guy" (or girl!) wins the White House, Christ is King.  If our candidate loses, Christ is King.  If there is anarchy in the streets, or America is conquered, or becomes Communist, or monarchy, or any other crazy form of governance or non-governance, CHRIST IS KING! 

God, we praise You as King of the heavens and the earth, and we worship you for your greatness and glory!  Give us a "peace that passes understanding" in the knowledge that You guide all things in Your wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment